Family Support Subsidy
Do you have a child with severe disabilities?
Are you aware of the Family Support Subsidy through the State of Michigan?
This program was designed to assist families in their ability to be able to care for their child at home. Families may be eligible for this program if they have a child under age 18 who has been identified by Michigan’s public school system as having one of the following eligibility categories:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Cognitive Impairment (CI)
- Severe Multiple Impairment (SXI)
Besides age, eligibility is determined based on the following:
- An eligibility letter from an accredited school (IEP/Crosswalk)
- A family income of $60,000 per year or less
- The child must live at home with their natural parent(s) or legal guardian
- The family cannot already be a part of the Medical Subsidy Program
To request an application or if you have any questions, please contact Jodi Mohr, Family Support Subsidy Coordinator for Ionia County, at 616-527-1790 or via email at email@example.com.